Need help? Call Now 0161 643 2176
Follow Us  
2

About us

The surgery was established at 42 Rochdale Road in July 1959 by Harry Hughes. In February 1964 the practice was transferred to the present eight surgery purpose built premises which now cares for in excess of twenty thousand patients.

In 2002 the practice was acquired by Fogg & Whittingham later becoming Fogg, Whittingham & Casserley in 2013. The patient centred ethos from a long standing team of established clinicians and support staff lies at the the centre of our success; with patient care being paramount.

Many years ago, on the site where the surgery is built stood two thatched cottages.

It was at this spot, people on their way to Rochdale Road used to stop, lean on the wall and chat; hence it became known as “Idlers Corner”